Esther Rantzen: Silver line helpline

Nobody prepares old age alone. John rang for Christmas. He became new friend 79, an elderly had contacted silver wires, e-mail, welcome the call over Christmas, he said. Day I rang itself, "how they have been so far? "I asked. "100% Truthfully say," he said, "first spoken every day who are you..." tells me he went off people only heard the story on Christmas day to see after a few days. I'm stranger, help line.


Every new milestone of life is shocking-it happened until reduced middle age knew what kind, would feel go plummeting school at puberty? So, to hit each new stage, mild, or calm and can take you to a keep. Hits old age. Surrounded by active may spends dependency, career counseling, you have been busy, perhaps, vibrant, noisy family had a central hub, you need no more really anyone can find one morning wakes up. Retired, your child will grow and move away. Maybe you've lost your partner is death or divorce. Changes can quickly be devastating.


Lonely SAP live it is bent as a major cause of depression one 80-year-old woman I told "sit on the bed for me every morning I wake up, get dressed and waiting for death. I had to do something fun. "


But it can cause a physical injury, loneliness is not spiritual harm-obesity health or day 15 has proven tobacco as badly hurt. The reason is simple. "You cook by yourself why bother? "Nutrition could exercise and loneliness" it is not alone of go walk fun. "


Solitude is a disgrace. When I wrote my feelings when I moved flat, 71-year-old living alone for the first time many of the people I "brave and I will say frankly and then" said about.


Samaritan proved before it can break down barriers to anonymous helpline shame or fear, child line, (start 26 years of children's helplines) has proven. So older generation of banks may be the same, and loneliness, just not only enable callers to disclose incidents they won't dare other people neglect and abuse suggested. And it has been proven.


She had someone she couldn't recognize the silver line helpline, she to the first caller, Dora, expressed her own shock ( last December, Northern England fly open ). "I'm a cheerful person accustomed our Dora told" but because my husband is dead now I totally me now. My family and my life, and to care about them. So I have my little dog company. He's really down saying listen, I hate. Very, very down. It isn't me really is ".


When prompted, Simon, "you who can tell feelings down what would have been? "??????? thought for a moment. "No, I couldn't. Proud too. ?


Proud thought they survived the hard times a generation, they used in the independent. Almost all of our callers are "I some people so far I'm worse." Please tell me. Isn't so bad enough we sounded desperate when she to talk strain feels about care for her husband's Alzheimer's disease has her misasa, women ", Samaritan didn't sound" me


Provide support to isolated in many organizations older people love, like community, Samaritan, AgeUK, independent age is. Problem to reach the hard to reach people is difficult. Older men disabled person, and the solitary confinement of his life he wants to leave his own home, he laughed and said the cup of tea with friends. He can take senior citizens and they are our lunch Club or local pub so why work volunteer driver for the charity WRVS did not contact them, contact he has discovered what? He encouraged some. Erode the trust alone. As we grow older, many of us are more difficult than our own threshold is hard find. So we retreat indoors.


Disability, such as deafness or arthritis plot conspiracy to jail to House. Invisibility cloaks of gray hair to add all these ingredients is ageism, our society, and work with all charities, older people confess they are huge for their services know the demand not met statutory authority Wonderland isn't.


Silver line back to their communities and links people who we hope can serve as a guidepost. At the end of older people is a valuable resource and we need to play some of them. How bad, older people have that we feel in the ring? How old should be? As we age, or despair, no other conditions next. Call faces any information or advice provided deliberately abuse or neglect, most painful problems prefer to start somewhere in their conversation by asking the former in many cases a quick question easily maintains the width of the agenda. Loneliness can really be hard to bear, lying in the middle of the night sleepless, we just so you know, we are open 24 hours a day.


Silver line from here somewhere? Our nationwide this year late ( 0800, 328 at the moment is open to anyone living in England 8888 North ) is when you start may change our number we are free phone number open 24 / 7, our silver will leave the volunteers received training as a line befrienders. Again we allow Christmas may we come, 11 starts, I their national service. Recently and received regular phone calls from one of the silver line, our friends, and she received an email from Pat wrote said she appreciated "lifting my spirits during the cold months, the joy brought to people because you need many companies, that end of the phone is more expensive, heavy rain, to Gail, I opened the door my four walls and across issues, countries tied to my house and am only people blowing television for the company very help connection in human ways. ?

Anyone of you old age alone gets the ready alert. John rang for Christmas. Said he became new friend 79, an elderly had contacted silver wires, e-mail that he welcomes the call on... everyone you prepares old age alone. John rang for Christmas. Said he became new friend 79, an elderly had contacted silver wires, e-mail that he welcomes on call.

View the original article here